Discover The Amazing Attractions of Peru
Our Highlights of Peru tailor-made holiday combines Peru's main attractions into one great holiday. It's a fantastic itinerary, particularly if this is your first time to Peru.
Begin your holiday in the heart of Peru's bustling capital, Lima, before flying on to the ancient colonial city of Arequipa and discovering its many treasures. The holiday then moves on through the Colca Canyon for some amazing scenery before visiting the fascinating Uros floating islands on Lake Titicaca. Next, it's all-aboard the famous Andean Explorer to Cusco where you will spend 2 nights, and discover its charms on a city tour. You will then head into the Sacred Valley before, finally, it's the big one - Machu Picchu! Our expert guide will take your around this fascinating citadel before you head back for your final night in Cusco.
- Discover the world-famous gastronomy of Lima
- See the charming city of Arequipa and the Santa Catalina Monastery
- Head through the Colca Canyon and potentially spot the majestic condors in flight
- Visit the fascinating communities on the Uros floating islands
- Jump aboard the famous Andean Explorer train
- Discover the charms of Cusco
- See mystical Machu Picchu with an expert guide, who will help to bring it to life
Private, Tailormade Holiday
Any element of this holiday can be tailor-made to your requirements, including the places you want to see and the things that are important to you. Just contact one of our Travel Specialists today.
Day 1 - 2: Lima
Arrive in Lima for 2 nights in the bustling capital city. Discover the city on a half-day tour and enjoy Lima's thriving gastronomy scene in the evening.
Day 3 - 4: Arequipa
Arequipa is a charming town with colonial buildings and a beautifully preserved central square. Spend 2 nights in the city and discover some of its many highlights on a half-day city tour that includes the famous Monasterio Santa Catalina.
Day 5 - 6: Colca Canyon
With towering Incan terraces set against a beautiful backdrop of rivers and volcanoes, the Colca Canyon offers some of the most striking scenery in Peru. Enjoy a 2-night tour exploring the canyon, including an early-morning visit to Condor Point.
Day 7 - 8: Lake Titicaca
Lake Titicaca offers a unique frontier between Peru and Bolivia with some spectacular scenery. You will spend 2 nights here and discover the fascinating communities on the Uros floating islands on a full-day boat tour of Lake Titicaca.
Day 9 - 10: Cusco
Follow the route of the Andean Explorer train to Cusco, passing through dramatic scenery and vibrant local towns. Upon reaching Cusco you will enjoy 2 nights here and explore the highlights of this fascinating town on a half-day city tour.
Day 11 - 14: Sacred Valley / Machu Picchu
Travel to the Sacred Valley for 2 nights and enjoy a day at leisure to explore the area. You will then take the train to Machu Picchu. Here you will discover Peru's most iconic attraction with a guide to explain the history of the citadel. In the evening you will take the train back to Cusco for 1 last night here.
Day 15 - 16: Fly to UK
In the morning you will head to Cusco Airport for your overnight flight back to the UK via Lima.
| Tours & Transfers
|| From Price
2 - 3 star
| Mix of private & shared
|| £2709 pp
3 - 4 star
| Mainly private, some shared
|| £3599 pp
4 - 5 star
| All private
|| £4499 pp
The price is based on twin / double share and based on the lowest season of travel. Please contact the Latin Routes Travel Specialists or submit an enquiry to have this holiday accurately costed for you.
- International economy flights from UK
- Internal economy flights
- 14 nights’ accommodation as detailed
- All transfers
- Half-day city tour of Lima
- Half-day city tour of Arequipa
- 3-day / 2-night tour through Colca Canyon
- Full-day boat tour of Uros floating islands and Taquile island
- Coach or Titicaca train from Puno to Cusco
- Half-day city tour of Cusco
- Train from Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu Pueblo
- Private guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Train from Machu Picchu Pueblo – Cusco
- Meals not indicated in your itinerary
- Flight departure taxes, payable locally
- Where applicable, locally payable car hire-related charges
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry and drinks etc.
- Tips for guides and drivers (discretionary)
- Camera or video fees at any sites
- Travel insurance