One of the larger provinces in Indonesia, Bali is a virtual paradise on earth, with sweeping sand beaches, thick mangrove forests, and rolling, heavily forested hills. One of Indonesia's most popular tourist sites, Bali attracts millions of people each year who come as much for its gorgeous beaches as for its curious and long history. If you're looking for a place to visit this season, you can't go wrong with Bali.
Holidays to Bali
Bali offers all the sights, comforts and experiences of an island paradise, besides plenty of historical and cultural experiences. Some of the top things to do in Bali are:
- Take a ride atop an elephant at the Bali zoo. Elephants are economically and religiously significant animals in Indonesia, and the Bali Zoo is one of the best places to get to know these gentle giants. Not only can you watch the mahouts wash and train the elephants, but also take a ride atop them for a thrilling 30 minutes.
- Discover Ubud on Bicycle. One of Bali's favorite tourist spots, Ubud is a major hub of Indonesian arts and culture. It is especially popular among tourists who prefer to bicycle through its clean and narrow streets. With many ancient Hindu temples, the Ubud Sacred Monkey Forest, and the Ubud Palace among sightseeing options, you are guaranteed a fun and satisfying experience.
- Surf Bali's excellent swells. Bali has been attracting surfers from around the world for years. While the surfing traffic has tapered off recently, Bali's waters are still prime surfing spot.
- Climb the Volcanic Mount Batur. Batur offers gorgeous views of the Balinesian countryside and the surrounding lake district. Wake up early to hit the mountain summit before sunrise for an experience of a lifetime. But be careful - the summit is also an active volcano!
- Watch Dolphins in Lovina. Friendly dolphins regularly emerge from their watery abode to put on a show for tourists at Lovina, near Kuta.
Hotels in Bali
The obvious question now is: where to stay in Bali? These five hotels offer the best in luxurious living and amenities:
Ritz Carlton - The Ritz Carlton is one of the finest hospitality brands in the world, but the Ritz Carlton in Bali truly tops the experience in luxurious living. With its location atop a cliff off Jimbaran bay, you are guaranteed stunning views and the finest service.
Four Seasons Sayan - Another international hotel chain with impeccable service record, Four Seasons Sayan is a peaceful paradise perfect for relieving stress.
Amanusa - Uniquely styled, the Amanusa is a boutique hotel inspired by Balinese Hindu poetry. With 35 suites decorated in traditional Bali style, you are guaranteed a memorable experience.
Alila Ubud - Located in Ubud, Alila Ubud looks over the verdant green Ayung River valley - the perfect launchpad to explore the cultural delights of Ubud.
Club Bali Mirage - A sprawling resort off Tanjung Benoa Beach, Club Bali Mirage is a five star experience with stunning views of the sea in each of its 98 rooms, a huge swimming pool, and dozens of amenities to make your stay comfortable and memorable.
For a free personalised quote or for more information please contact us today on 0845 365 65 65 or simply complete the form on the right and one of our travel experts will be in touch shortly.
Latest Bali Holiday Review
"Resort was great, but outside it was madness with scooters and cars weaving and dodging like a motorcycle display."
John and Rosalind B
Latest Bali Weather Review
"Very warm and humid, quite rainy as it was just end of rainy season."
John and Rosalind B